There is so much to look forward to in 2018 at the Walt Disney World Resort! You can save anywhere from 10 – 20% on your next stay. Let’s dive into what’s new and what’s coming in 2018 at Walt Disney World.
- Pandora: The World of Avatar, opened on May 27, 2017 and is the newest addition to the Walt Disney World Resort. This land expansion features two new attractions, the Na’vi River Journey and Flight of Passage. There is also a new quick service restaurant (dare I say perhaps the best), Satu’li Canteen featuring modern American food with an “alien” twist. The land transports you light years away to Pandora. Check out our video of this new landscape.
- Rivers of Light: This is a new nighttime show featuring laser projections on water screens, dancers, and singers. This show takes Animal Kingdom to a new level adding to its nighttime attractions. FastPasses are available for the attraction, but should be booked at either the 60 day or 30 day window.
- Happily Ever After: This is the new nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom replacing the beloved Wishes Nighttime firework show. You see the combination of Disney magic, beloved Disney characters, fireworks and so much more. The show features the latest pyrotechnics combined with state of the art projection mapping. Check out our video here.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Its that time of the year. You can purchase tickets to two of the most anticipated special events at the Walt Disney World Resort. Both parties feature exclusive character meet and greets and a special parade. At the Halloween party guests can treat all night long, and guests at the Christmas party can meet Santa Clause while enjoying complimentary cookies and seasonal drinks.
- Star Wars: the Jedi Training academy is for little ones looking to defeat Darth Vader and the power of the dark side. Kids will get a chance to learn the ways of the force and take on Darth Vader one on one. The Star Wars Launch Bay is the place to meet Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, and now BB-8. You can also meet and trade with the Jawas!
- Toy Story Land: Coming summer 2018, this new land will feature two new attractions and be themed to the beloved Disney Pixar movies of Toy Story.
- Frozen Dessert Party: This is a dessert party with exclusive seating for the Illuminations nighttime spectacular. The party will feature decor, drinks, desserts, snacks inspired by the beloved film Frozen! You can see all the full details here.
- Food & Wine Festival: This year’s festival is 75 days, starting August 31st running to November 13th 2017. There will be 35 markets to wine and dine around the world.
2018 Vacation Package Updates
The Magic Your Way Package allows you to fully customize your Walt Disney World vacation this upcoming year! This package includes both on property resort hotels and good neighbor hotels at the Disney Springs and surrounding area. The Magic Your Package includes the following:
- Accommodations from 1 – 14 nights at select resorts
- 2 – 10 Magic Your Way Tickets with the option to include Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus (ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Winter/Summer Land Miniature Golf, Oak Trial Golf Course, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon Waterpark
- Magical Extras (See Below)
- Keepsake Luggage Tags
- Disney Dining Plans may be added
- All Tickets do expire
Disney Dining Plans
Disney offers three Dining Plans for guest to select if they so choose. The dining plans include the following:
- Quick Service: 2 Quick Service meals and 2 Snacks per day per person
- Standard Dining: 1 Table Service and 1 Quick Service meal and 2 Snacks per day per person
- Deluxe Dining: 3 Table Service or 3 quick service meals and 2 Snacks per day per person
All dining plans include a resort refillable mug that can be used at Disney Resort Hotel Quick Service restaurants.
New this year for the dining plan, is the addition of Alcoholic drinks with the packages. Guests over 21 with a valid ID can select one alcoholic beverage per meal. Those Under 21 can select one non-alcoholic drink such as milkshakes, smoothies, and premium hot chocolates.
Magical extras are perks that are included with your Magic Your Way Package and are as follows:
- Miniature Golf: 4 Vouchers valid at Fantasia Gardens or Winter/Summer Land used prior to 4pm.
- ESPN Wide World Of Sports Complex: 4 Vouchers for entry, additional tickets may need to be purchased for certain events.
- Discounts 10% – 20% off at select locations including Disney Springs area shops and restaurants. This includes Splitsville, Sammy Duval water activities at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Basin, Crystal Arts, Johnny Was and many more.
Book Your Next Vacation
Ready to book your next Disney Vacation? Fill out our form for a free quote. Always remember that our services are completely free. We are a concierge service that takes cares of the heavy lifting so you can enjoy your Disney vacation! If you have any questions you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Josh Rippey
Josh has been to Walt Disney World numerous times and also visits the surrounding theme parks and other natural wonders of Florida. He loves to share his experiences with the readers and receive their feedback. He also books vacations through Goldgell Getaways. Email him for a quote at email@example.com. Follow him on Instagram @rippeyjosh; Twitter @Josh_Rippey; and over on Facebook!